The Science of Beauty
(SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy)
CRICOS provider code: 02813B
The SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy course is the highest qualification available in beauty therapy. We are excited to announce that our Science of Beauty course will now incorporate units in microdermabrasion and knowledge of laser hair reduction. These skills give you the opportunity to work in a more advanced salon/clinic providing a range of traditional and modern beauty services.
- Learn how to perform laser hair reduction treatments AND gain your WA Laser License Exemption for Laser Hair Reduction
- Learn how to perform advanced beauty modalities including microdermabrasion and advanced facials
- Learn how to perform advanced body electrical treatments
- Learn a range of beauty services including make-up, manicures, pedicures, waxing, tinting, massage, and much more!
- Learn essential salon business skills such as social media and retail/product sales
RTO Entry Requirements
- Completion of Year 10
- Successful completion of a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test, OR
- Successful completion of Australian Qualification Framework Certificate IV or higher, OR
- Australian Year 12 Certificate / Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
Fees & Payment options
$17,000 (Domestic Students - Full Time Only)*
$20,900 (International Students)
There are a number of course payment options available. Click here to view your options.
*VET Student Loans approved course. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. A VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid. Please refer to the Information Page for further details.
Uniform - Top & Pants
Robe & Headband
Precision Eyebrow Tool Kit
Study Modes & Duration
- 2.5 days a week for 12 months (9am to 4.30pm)
- 8 hours per week of self-guided home study via the ACBT Student Portal
In order to successfully complete this course, you will also be required to;
- Complete a minimum of 10 practical days in the ACBT Student Clinic and;
INTRODUCTION TO LASER
An optional complimentary 3 days of practical laser treatment experience will be provided to students upon successful completion of CDNLBT02 - Analyse light and energy-based therapies used in cosmetic medicine / laser safety